If you are a Facebook fan you already know that my husband Jayson does the cooking in our house. It wasn’t always that way. But once we realized that my cooking was making us fat (combined we weighed 70 lbs more 7 months ago), my husband kindly stepped up to the plate and cooks the majority of our healthy dinners.Tonight it was Vegetable Farfalle Pasta! We have been trying out a Flexitarian Diet for about a week now, and this meal was one of those vegetarian meals that was just plain AMAZING! It didn’t have a sauce but it was still VERY flavorful. You’ll have to try it out and let me know what you think!
Vegetable Farfalle Pasta:
Prep Time: 5 minutes or less
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 ounces pasta, farfalle, dry
- 4 portabella mushroom
- 8 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 tablespoons green peas, cooked
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (canned or fresh cooked)
- 10 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare pasta per package direction. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Cut mushroom into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skilet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Mix with remaining vegetables, basil, vinegar and pepper. Combine thoroughly. Season with additional herbs as desired.
- Add pasta to skillet and stir gently until heated through.
This is what OURS looked liked. Served with a side of fresh cut watermelon and lemonade. This is my cute little family enjoying our family dinner in the backyard. Idaho summers are short and sweet…. gotta eat outside as much as we can!!