My husband made the most AMAZING side dish the other night with Quinoa and black beans. It was really really good and since I happen to like you guys I thought I would share the recipe with you all. You’re welcome. ;)
QUINOA & BLACK BEANS
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 onion, yellow
- 1 bell pepper, red, medium
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 12 fluid ounces vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 15 ounces black beans, canned/cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse quinoa and set aside.
- Chop onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic until lightly browned.
- Stir in quinoa and broth. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add corn and black beans and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro.
- *Note: be creative with this recipe and use any color bell pepper, and more or less cayenne pepper, corn and beans.
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|