Have I told you guys how much of a picky eater I am? I am the kid who would NEVER eat their vegetables growing up. If it looked healthy at all – I wouldn’t eat it. haha. NOW of course, my eating habits have changed but I am STILL super picky! I REFUSE to even TRY sushi. The ONLY fish I will eat is salmon. And that’s been a recent development within the past year. :PI don’t know why I’m going into all that – but the point is…. I’m hard to please. I like what I like and I have a hard time venturing out with new foods. SO if I tell you something is good you better believe it’s GOOD. ;) And THIS my friends? This recipe is AMAZING.
I present to you….. Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad with Noodles. Say that ten times fast. ;)
I posted the picture on my Instagram account (ForwardFitness), so that’s where the tags came from.
Here are the FACTS and the Recipe.
- 8 cups cabbage, nappa, fresh
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Soup, ramen noodle, oriental flvr, dry svg Oodles of Noodles
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar, rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces chicken, cooked
- Wash and chop cabbage and green onion; combine in a large bowl.
- Break up noodles. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and toast noodles with almonds and sesame seeds until lightly browned. Mix into cabbage and onion.
- Combine soy sauce, canola oil, rice wine vinegar (4 tablespoons is 1/4 cup), and sugar. Heat one minute in microwave, if necessary, to dissolve sugar substitute. Allow to cool. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 serving plates. Dice chicken and arrange 2 ounces on each salad. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes or less
So try it out, let me know what you think, and click on my Instagram link and Facebook link to follow me! :)