I'll be honest, not every single day is the best day of my life. Is that even possible? 🤔
I think it's more normal to have highs and lows, at least that's MY norm. ;)
But this I have learned.... there are things I can DO to BOOST my mood, despite how the day is going.
Here's what works for me.....
1. 💪🏼 Working out. I ALWAYS feel better after a good hard workout. Do I FEEL like working out when I'm having a bad day? No. But I focus on how I will feel AFTER I work out and that motivates me to just do it.
2. 🍓 Eating lots of fruit and vegetables. In the past I would "treat" myself to some ice cream or a candy bar when I was down. And that only made me feel worse. Once again I focus on the feeling I will have AFTER, and eating healthy foods makes me feel good.
3. 📝 Making a gratitude list. There's ALWAYS something to be grateful for. If you focus on positive things, MORE positivity will flow into your life.
4. 📚 Reading uplifting books. When you're feeling down your mind is your worst enemy. Drown out negative thoughts by reading a book and focusing on the words on the page.
5. 🙏🏼 Prayer and/or Meditation. Whatever you believe in, let it pull you UP. God, the universe, a higher being, whatever. Personally, I believe in God and I know He wants me to be happy. I also know He created me with flaws and weaknesses and if I turn to Him I will be shown to the way to overcome those weaknesses.
6. 📲 Scroll the "quotes" section on Pinterest. If you can't tell, I LOVE motivating quotes and pictures. That's because it brightens my mood! I look at quotes and it brings about a flood of positive thoughts and emotions.
What works for you to turn things around when you're feeling a bit of a funk? I'd love if everyone shared in the comments below anything they would add to this list!